Homefinder UK property search process
Congratulations on taking the first step to finding your ideal home. We have developed the Homefinder UK website to allow you to find homes which suit your needs.
Register on Homefinder UK
When you register on Homefinder UK, your application will be automatically sent to your council/landlord, who will verify it within 21 days. Your unique User ID (e.g. 12345) and pin (e.g.781110) will be automatically generated and shown at the end of your registration. It will also be automatically emailed to you.
Verification & Points
Once your details have been verified by your council/landlord, your application will receive points. Points are determined by whether your council/landlord is a member of our scheme or not. If unsure if your member is a registered member of our scheme, contact us.
Please note, member landlords/councils reserve the right not to verify certain applicants based on their own applicant criteria. If your application has been declined by your landlord/council, you may contact them directly for more information.
Homefinder UK is unable to provide you Case Management services to assist you with your move unless your application is verified.
Bidding / Expressing interest on properties
Once your application has been verified by your landlord, you are able to express interest for properties you are interested in. The maximum amount of live expressions of interest/bids you can have at any given time is 3. However, you can change any of your expressions of interest/bids at any time until the bidding period for those properties ends.
Please note that you will only be able to express interest for a property size you are entitled to. For example, you will not be able to express interest for a 3 bed property if you are entitled to a 2 bed. To see popular areas of choice, read our city guides.
Bidding for a nationwide (outside London) property
Any bids placed are regarded as an interest. You will be contacted by a member of our Case Management team to identify the areas you are interested in. If your landlord (council or housing association) is a member of our scheme, you are entitled to receive case management support. Your case manager will help you in your property search process. Read more about help provided by our case management team here.
Please note a placed bid does not guarantee you to be successful for a property.
Bidding for a London property
There are very few properties available in London via our mobility scheme. However, when one does become available, bidding for a London property is a very simple and straight forward process. This is our bidding process:
- Simply click on the ‘Express interest’ button and your bid will go through our shortlisting process
- If at the end of the bidding cycle, your bid is one of the top 5, your application will be sent to the relevant landlord or council, owner of the property
- The landlord/council will contact you within a few days to arrange to discuss your bid and to provide further information on the property. It is an opportunity to ask any questions you may have
- If you are still interested, the landlord/council will need to check if the details on your application are accurate
- If your application is accurate and processed sucessfully, you will be invited to visit the property
- When you visit the property, you will be expected to make a decision on whether you wish to move. Therefore, it makes sense to come to the property viewing prepared.
5a. Shortlisting of a London property
You will be shortlisted based on how many points you have been assigned and the length of time you have been registered with our scheme. If you are in the top 5 of the shortlist, your application will be forwarded to the landlord of the property. They will contact you directly to arrange a viewing.
If you are number 1 on the shortlist, you will be the first contacted. You will be given a priority to view and accept the property providing that your reference checks were satisfactory.