Hear from Bob Blackman – the MP behind the Homelessness Reduction Act, Melanie Onn Shadow Housing Minister, Dawn Foster from the Guardian Newspaper, Juha Kaakinen – the inspiration behind Housing First in Finland which helped to massively reduce Homelessness. Book here.
CIH Members receive 5 CIH CPD Hours for attendance. Sign up before 6th October to take advantage of our early bird rates!
Home Connections Annual conference is returning this year in style to celebrate our 15th anniversary!
Our speakers and afternoon workshops will help delegates to understand the Homelessness Reduction Act (HRA) how to stay within the law and discuss practical ways to implement the act whilst minimising administrative overheads.
- Bob Blackman MP, Sponsor of the new Homelessness Reduction Act
- Melanie Onn MP, Shadow Housing Minister. The HRA and beyond – what else should be done to help solve the problem of homelessness?
- Dawn Foster, Columnist, The Guardian Newspaper – Just how bad is Britain’s social housing problem?
- Juha Kaakinen, Chief Executive of the Y-Foundation in Finland – How Housing First significantly reduced homelessness in Finland
- Alan Benson, Head of Housing Strategy and Commissioning, LB Haringey
- Minos Perdios – Housing Reviews Manager at Housing Reviews
- Patrick Odling-Smee – Director of Housing at Luton Borough Council
Date: 2nd of November ’1
Time: 8.45 am – 4.45 pm
Venue: Hamilton House, Mabledon Pl, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9BJ
Hear personal experiences of homelessness and take part in practical workshops which aim to provide an invaluable update on the HRA roadmap. Delegates will also witness practical examples of new approaches to homelessness and homelessness prevention. Our line-up of expert speakers and interactive workshops will provide insight, opinion and stimulate debate on the HRA. Benefit from real life experiences and projects that can help you to implement the HRA. Book your place today to benefit from early bird discounts.
Join colleagues for the plenary session and select your workshop stream to discuss your ideas and hear from others how they intend to implement the Act.
CIH Members receive 5 CIH CPD Hours for attendance.