hope - the Homelessness Reduction Act software
hope is an IT solution built by Homefinder UK’s parent company, Home Connections. hope has been developed to help local authorities meet the Homelessness Reduction Act and H-CLIC reporting requirements.
Designed with user in mind, hope simplifies and reduces workload of housing officers. The system guides officers through the homeless application process from the assessment stage, up until secure accommodation has been established. This fully configurable case management software assists in creating personal housing plans and H-CLIC returns.
Uniquely, hope can also be integrated with Homefinder UK, to manage homelessness prevention cases and provide direct, nationwide move-on housing options.
The Homelessness Reduction Act
In effect since April 2018, the Homelessness Reduction Act fundamentally changed homelessness legislation by introducing a statutory duty to help prevent applicants losing their home. By this new legislation, councils are required to:
- Take action to help source accommodation for applicants who are homeless
- Include the provision of a personalised housing plan (PHP), which demands a more individual case management approach
- Submit H-CLIC statistical reports quarterly
Research by the London School of Economics has shown many councils are struggling to comply with the legislation. This is due to significant underfunding that does not account for the additional workload. The extra administrative duties include assessments and administration at the point of contact, reviews, appeals and reporting.
- Ability to transfer legacy data and to integrate with third party applications
- Triage to advice, prevention & relief
- Automated H-CLIC compliance checks and reporting to DELTA
- Immediate access to immediately available social housing nationwide via Homefinder UK
- Configurability of all aspects of the system
- Manage workload more effectively
- Advice agency referrals and access
- Over 60 system-integrated letter templates to comply with all aspects of legislation
- Real-time interactions
- Single unified applicant record
- Integration with Housing Reviews Ltd (Minos) Letters